-
I can try to mount the drive with -rw, but you are right when you say that creating the file would mess up the NTFS drive. But what if I have already created the file, and knoppix reads and writes to the file without changing the size? My understanding is that this is ok as long as you don't try to change the size of the drive.
So I guess I want to know how to point to a persistent home in knoppix without going through the creation script. I would also need to know what is on the persistent home (is it a file formatted as ext2?) I think if I did this, Knoppix could use the file as long as it booted with write permission.
This is a lot of stuff, but I would like to try. Can anyone give me some info on wat kind of file the persistent home is, and how I can read and write to this file on NTFS right from the bootup?
Similar Threads
-
By Laos in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
-
By ugo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-13-2006, 06:36 PM
-
By knopstar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99