-
Senior Member
registered user
Ahhhh... back to the forums. I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now and I hope to maintain this thread with a little more consistency.
I'm currently running Kanotix 2005-3 on my ZE4560us and it's working great. I have been getting into wifi security a lot lately though, so the built-in Broadcom chipset wireless card is getting on my nerves. I'd rather not have to plug in some external card, so I'm thinking about changing out my internal. They're available on eBay.
I'm specifically looking at the Prism 2.5 and Prism GT chipsets. Both have 802.11g capabilities as well as WEP, WPA, and 802.1x encryption abilities. They're quite cheap, and even cheaper if you buy them in bulk. I'm thinking about buying a batch of them. Would anyone else be interested in getting a group together for purchasing a set of these?
Single unit price is $22 and shipping is $8. If we buy in bulk, I can get 3 of them for $59 and the shipping charge is the same. Yea, not much difference, but I thought it would be worth it to post it anyway.
I'm also going to look into how difficult it is to replace the mini-PCI card inside the laptop this evening. I'm pretty sure it's just a panel on the bottom of the computer that can be un-screwed, but I'm going to find out for sure tonight.
Updates later.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99