Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: fluxbox: no resize grips

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22

    fluxbox: no resize grips

    Hello,

    I have read in the fluxbox about "resize grips" and I think I have seen them on the screenshots on the fluxbox hompage. But after booting with desktop=fluxbox with Knoppix 3.6, I can't see such grips, and I can't resize the windows (I can maximise and restore the size).

    What's wrong?

    Bye,
    Gencho

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    It's probably because the debian release of fluxbox is quite a bit older and has less features than the up-to-date unstable version that you can get from their site. I don't remember the version numbers off the top of my head but they are quite a bit different.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Hug It
    It's probably because the debian release of fluxbox is quite a bit older and has less features than the up-to-date unstable version that you can get from their site. I don't remember the version numbers off the top of my head but they are quite a bit different.
    Maybe not, I have quoted the manpage from Knoppix, it says 0.9.7, dpkg -l lists fluxbox as 0.9.9-1.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Dang, so much for that idea. I have used other variants of Knoppix that used older versions so I just assumed that was the case here as well. Once should never assume .

    Have you tried:

    Alt-rightmouse-drag = resize the window by dragging any part of the window.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18

    Resize handles in fluxbox

    You will find the resize handles appear whenever your mouse clicks on a frame element such as the top bar or if you hit the small side or bottom bars. Each style is different, but I like to use the Rancor style and for me the resize handles are 3-4 pixels wide and colored in silver on the red frame. All the minimize/maximize/close and other window features also appear when you click on the frame.

    The older version of fluxbox had an ugly little tag that hung off the side of the window and was usually too small for the text. The new version is a big improvement in my books.

    KS

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18
    Also there an option in the focus model to set to autofocus which brings up all the handles automatically on mouse over and on focus.

    right click on desktop->fluxbox menu->Configure->Focus Model->Auto Raise

    KS

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    I just thought I'd drop you a screeny to look at of fluxbox under a knoppix-hdinstall:-

    http://users.tpg.com.au/sigm/screens/flux1.jpg

    Maybe you just need a different style to get things the way you want, I dunno. Just experiement with the files in ~/.fluxbox, that's what I did.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by kelmo
    Maybe you just need a different style to get things the way you want, I dunno. Just experiement with the files in ~/.fluxbox, that's what I did.
    I don't know where these handles were gone, but after changing the style now they are present in all styles.

    (I haven't used fluxbox for a while, I have noticed it just now.)

Similar Threads

  1. Resize your win partition
    By maxIT in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 04:58 PM
  2. Resize with QTparted....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
  3. Resize and rotate.
    By Slay3r in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 04:35 AM
  4. Resize support
    By pucko in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:46 AM
  5. Patition resize error
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$79.99



Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex picture

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex

$159.99



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$179.99