You could try (re)installing KDE. 'Apt-get update' first to update your sources database then 'apt-get install kdebase'. 'Apt-get -t unstable install kdebase' to get the latest version.
My friend just gave me a copy of knoppix 3.6 a few months ago, and have used it actually in parallel with Windows. The OS's really cool for my programming needs and intend to use it permanently (though I'm not totally removing M$ Win on my machine :P). But a few days after installing, everytime I startup my PC, knoppix seems to report an error loading KDE (says something about KDE is unstable or something), then boots to console. After a few days of not using it (i don't anything yet on linux console cmds), it finally loaded KDE.
I'm now trying to download 3.7, but I thought maybe I can ask other long time knoppix users about this.
any help will be appreciated.
cheers![]()
You could try (re)installing KDE. 'Apt-get update' first to update your sources database then 'apt-get install kdebase'. 'Apt-get -t unstable install kdebase' to get the latest version.
i just got my 3.7 version, i'll try this one first. i'll save this thread should i get this problem again. tnx.
btw, I have an old monitor (NTC brand), I tried the cheat "fb1024x768" but didn't seem to work (with Windows looks ok). The max res. I got with knoppix 3.7 was only 800x600. Does this mean I have to change for a compatible monitor?
I had that problem also, do a apt-get remove xdm and that fixes it. It seems that xdm and kdm conflict with eachother somehow and kdm won't start if it sees it's the not the default manager.

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer
$30.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 1000 A1000 Original Angled Tank Mouse DE9 Untested As-Is Parts
$39.99
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures
$1300.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00