Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
The icons are created by /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons. You can just disable this file by adding the line 'exit 0' as the first active line of the file:
I wouldn't remove the file completely, this may cause an error in whatever script calls it.Code:#!/bin/bash # (C) Klaus Knopper Nov 2002 # Recreate desktop icons for CD-Roms and harddisks in KDE and GNOME # This script must be run as the logged in user. # modified by CrashedAgain to do nothing exit 0 # you can delete the rest of the file
You will of course have to delete the icons from the desktop. The above will keep them from being recreated.
[/code]
@rusty
Thanks, but the devices in this panel were disabled already. Still some other file created them.
@CrashedAgain
Thank you very much, that solved my issue. I looked for this file all over /etc never figured to look in a different location. Now it works fine! Also learned that I can stop executing a file by setting exit=0I am not a programmer or shell scripter at all.
nice week to both of you
Mat

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99