Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
The icons are created by /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons. You can just disable this file by adding the line 'exit 0' as the first active line of the file:
I wouldn't remove the file completely, this may cause an error in whatever script calls it.Code:#!/bin/bash # (C) Klaus Knopper Nov 2002 # Recreate desktop icons for CD-Roms and harddisks in KDE and GNOME # This script must be run as the logged in user. # modified by CrashedAgain to do nothing exit 0 # you can delete the rest of the file
You will of course have to delete the icons from the desktop. The above will keep them from being recreated.
[/code]
@rusty
Thanks, but the devices in this panel were disabled already. Still some other file created them.
@CrashedAgain
Thank you very much, that solved my issue. I looked for this file all over /etc never figured to look in a different location. Now it works fine! Also learned that I can stop executing a file by setting exit=0I am not a programmer or shell scripter at all.
nice week to both of you
Mat

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 39 Used & Tested Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10G Base SFP Transceivers 10-2456-02
$349.99
Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09