Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
The icons are created by /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons. You can just disable this file by adding the line 'exit 0' as the first active line of the file:
I wouldn't remove the file completely, this may cause an error in whatever script calls it.Code:#!/bin/bash # (C) Klaus Knopper Nov 2002 # Recreate desktop icons for CD-Roms and harddisks in KDE and GNOME # This script must be run as the logged in user. # modified by CrashedAgain to do nothing exit 0 # you can delete the rest of the file
You will of course have to delete the icons from the desktop. The above will keep them from being recreated.
[/code]
@rusty
Thanks, but the devices in this panel were disabled already. Still some other file created them.
@CrashedAgain
Thank you very much, that solved my issue. I looked for this file all over /etc never figured to look in a different location. Now it works fine! Also learned that I can stop executing a file by setting exit=0I am not a programmer or shell scripter at all.
nice week to both of you
Mat

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT
$150.00
Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$180.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$849.99
(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM
$180.00
(LOT OF 18) Hynix 8GB PC3-10600R DDR3-1333 Shielded RDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory
$144.00