Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
The icons are created by /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons. You can just disable this file by adding the line 'exit 0' as the first active line of the file:
I wouldn't remove the file completely, this may cause an error in whatever script calls it.Code:#!/bin/bash # (C) Klaus Knopper Nov 2002 # Recreate desktop icons for CD-Roms and harddisks in KDE and GNOME # This script must be run as the logged in user. # modified by CrashedAgain to do nothing exit 0 # you can delete the rest of the file
You will of course have to delete the icons from the desktop. The above will keep them from being recreated.
[/code]
@rusty
Thanks, but the devices in this panel were disabled already. Still some other file created them.
@CrashedAgain
Thank you very much, that solved my issue. I looked for this file all over /etc never figured to look in a different location. Now it works fine! Also learned that I can stop executing a file by setting exit=0I am not a programmer or shell scripter at all.
nice week to both of you
Mat

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Apple Mac Mini M2 8-Core 512GB SSD 8GB Unified RAM 10-Core GPU 2023 A2686
$669.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop Intel Core i7 1165G7 2.8GHz 16GB 256GB SSD W11P
$259.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00