Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Thanks!! (about laptop)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    douglasville GA
    Posts
    8

    Thanks!! (about laptop)

    I am new to linux, if it had not been for knoppix my learning curve would prolly still be a flat line.
    I know I never post in these forums I just search them for help

    I'm posting today to say I've successsfully installed knoppix and got my wireless network running with a netopia card
    (I carry around knoppix on CD with a 128mb home usb key)

    the point of the laptop, is I want to remaster my own knoppix

    Thanks for all the help these forums provide!

    again Thanks!

    Knoppix is wonderful linux

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Hi there.
    You have possibly posted in the wrong forum. Please read before posting since we have a forum for Remastering and Customization. Please view the Documentation where you can find a HOWTO for making your own custom Knoppix CD. I have written an alternative remastering HOWTO since I found an easier method. You can find that HOWTO here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867.

    Happy remastering!
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    douglasville GA
    Posts
    8

    hehe

    yea this post is in celebration of me getting my wireless working on knoppix on my HP pavilion N5000 series,wit a texas instrument card, and various other things, i've never been able to do, tho thanks to these forums (and knoppix) I've been able to find my own help

    the thing about remastering was just me ranting about wanting to do it in the future, yes, i've read all the help files a few times on it



Similar Threads

  1. Laptop DSL
    By tizwaz in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:26 AM
  2. laptop and USB
    By m005k in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 01:11 AM
  3. Help with Laptop to Laptop
    By twistyblue in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 03:06 PM
  4. laptop
    By oneeyedelf1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 04:34 PM
  5. New Laptop
    By drlizau in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$199.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99