-
Knoppix Live CD for PCG-F450 WinXP
Has anyone figured out how to run knoppix's live cd on a sony vaio pcg-f450? I tried running it but it hangs on the following:
starting caldera dr.dos
emm386 3.27 (c)1992, 1998 Caldera Inc. All Rights Reserved
Frame=cc00 Kb=32768
and a blinking cursor.
The keyboard is deemed inoperative so I cannot type in any commands. I am a newbie to Knoppix so most likely it is something simple, but I have tried for several weeks to figure this one out.
Currently I run WinXP SP2 without a problem, but I want to stop with the microsoft madness.
-
Hi,
Knoppix 3.7 runs OK on my PCG-FXA32, what version of Knoppix are you running and what hardware does your Sony Vaio have?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I had that message recently when burning some ISOs using Nero......became clear that it was a duff burn. You need to try again using the "Burn image" option from the main screen file menu. Make sure u don;t use the wizard it can lead to the wrong choices.
-
Worked
Thanks, it appears it was my cd image. Worked like a charm. Have numerous error messages, but at least it is running. Now I am wondering if it is worth the change.
Similar Threads
-
By asyc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By asyc in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By Matrox462 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
-
By Girtych in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:56 PM
-
By predhator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99