-
Senior Member
registered user
I usually go with the "two drive" method... ( and I've got the fstab entry for "win98" not auto-mounted )
I've got one "pesky" CD Label program, from Avery, that refuses to run, without Windows, so, I booted to Win98 ( simply change the hard drive BIOS boot order ), installed the program, on its "native" Win98 disk, and have never booted Windows again... I just use WINE, and mount the drive...
Even though I dont want to boot the Win98 install, every install, of Knoppix, and now, Kanotix, has still added an entry in either LILO or, now, GRUB... ( Like I want to ever boot Windows ?
)
But, it does show, contempt, that "Windows" refuses to acknowledge using another OS, whereas, Linux, appears to "expect" and "configure" for it, or at least "tolerate" the idea...
Oh well, can we "chalk up another point" to the Linux side, and remove one for Windows?
HEY
Mr. Gates
Can we, possibly, learn from our mistakes
( naaaaaaaaaa
)
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
-
By outlawX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
-
By Oceany in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By Shenr0n in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM
-
By wardialer in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99