-
internet goes down on network connect
I currently have Knoppix 2.7 installed on a server, which is configured to share it's dial up internet via Guide Dog.
It has a wireless networking card and a modem.
Now, if I leave the networking unconfigured (all wlan0 networking stuff as default, not doing netcardconfig) then the internet on the server works fine: it connects, logs in and I can access the net.
But when I configure wlan0 with my network options and do a non-DHCP netcardconfig, I can't access the net. KPPP remains connected, in my dock, but it's activity winkers don't show anything and if I try to access any page on the net it just says 'Resolving host x' for a while, then says 'the page cannot be found'. So I have to do ifconfig wlan0 down, which then means I can't share the connection to the network.
I am on an HD install, by the way.
Thanks in advance for any help.
EDIT: Oh, also, if I do lspci, it writes a file in /home/me/Modem called ModemData, with the following snippet near the top:
Code:
Modem symbolic link is: /dev/modem -> /dev/536ep
----active COMM services are ------------
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:30:BD:9D:91:91
This COMM mode should be closed before using the modem, or DNS services may fail.
Resident PPP support modules are properly uncompressed .
[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By newbie36 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By briancm in forum Networking
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-03-2006, 09:24 PM
-
By t h 3 dunadan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00