Installed 3.6 and all seemed to go well but when I now start the computer all I get is a POST screen showing rows and rows of 10 10 10 10 10 10
Any idea why this is happening.
3.6 runs fine on the computer if booted from CD.
Thanks
Installed 3.6 and all seemed to go well but when I now start the computer all I get is a POST screen showing rows and rows of 10 10 10 10 10 10
Any idea why this is happening.
3.6 runs fine on the computer if booted from CD.
Thanks
Could be a bad boot sector. From KNOPPIX CD as root try:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1
This will erase your partition table and boot sector completely. Reinstall KNOPPIX.
/dev/hda : No such device or address
this is what I get after putting that into the Root console
What type of hard disk does it have? Is it SCSI? If so try
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1
From knoppix CD, what does
cfdisk
as root report.
or
Boot to knoppix, get to this posting and post the output of
dmesg
here. That should tell us a bunch.
cant get to this post through Knoppix as it's on a computer in another room with not Internet. I will try and write down what it says but I think it has trashed the HDD. I tried looking at it on this box with a firewire bay but nothing seems to be able to sort it. Ive tried the partition software on the Knoppix CD but it says it can't delete the partitions on the drive as there is an error.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99
(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00