-
Screen size problem
I installed Knoppix on a 2nd hd in order to keep XP on my machine. Almost all of the hardware is recognized properly, yet the screen's size changes when I switch to Knoppix form XP and viceversa: I have to adjust (from the monitor's OSD) the zoom factor which, for XP is around 60 and for Knoppix around 20.
Can this be solved because it gets annoying sometimes (I switch the OSs 3-4 times a day)?
The monitor is a 17" Philips.
Thanks in advance.
-
Junior Member
registered user
It sounds to me like you're running Windows and Linux at two different screen resolutions. Granted, I thought monitors stored settings for each screen size/refresh rate after you first tried them...
Knoppix runs by default at 1024x768 resolution. Your Windows XP install may not.
My guess is, if that's what's going on, your Windows install is running at a smaller resolution, like 800x600. You can check/change the Windows resolution by right clicking on the desktop and going to Properties, and in Knoppix by specifying a new resolution when you boot:
knoppix screen=800x600
Other than that, nothing comes to mind.
I'm sorry if you knew how to do that stuff already, I'd rather explain too much than confuse someone.
-

Originally Posted by
Crusader
I'm sorry if you knew how to do that stuff already, I'd rather explain too much than confuse someone.
wish more linux users would do this....
can we get a system whereby EVERY command/idea is [url] linked to where the concept is explained.
when someone says
sudo this or
su that
or kcmshell blah
WTF are all these things ?
we need quick access to concepts, ideas, and explanations
not SU mode you should know this already.
if we knew we wouldn't be newbies
=================
looked around to refresh my memory.....
get a Terminal window
su mode
kxconfig
the applied modes that are detected aren't necessarily what you have.
my Intel815 IBM P200 is detected as
generic 810 IBM P199C
Similar Threads
-
By Meteora184 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 07:13 AM
-
By Meteora184 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
-
By bwathen in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
-
By Jefff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By CHINAMAN in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99

NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99