-
Setting up Default Gateways
I know this may be a stupid question to ask but does anyone know how to set up a default gateway for Knoppix 3.7
I have a router and I would like to unsure that knoppix uses it as the default gateway.
It's not that knoppix doesn't use the router as a gateway, it's just that sometimes it takes a little while to get web addresses.
Any Ideas as to what could be the problem and how I can set up my network card in knoppix to use my router as the default gatewatey?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Setting up Default Gateways

Originally Posted by
deathscythe
I know this may be a stupid question to ask but does anyone know how to set up a default gateway for Knoppix 3.7
I have a router and I would like to unsure that knoppix uses it as the default gateway.
It's not that knoppix doesn't use the router as a gateway, it's just that sometimes it takes a little while to get web addresses.
Any Ideas as to what could be the problem and how I can set up my network card in knoppix to use my router as the default gatewatey?

DHCP should take care of the gateway setting for you just fine. And what you posted gives no real indication that your problem is a gateway issue, you need to do more to determine just where the delays are happening (or if you have you did not post the information). I would suggest running ethereal, either on this computer or on a hub (not a switch) that the knoppix computer is also on. That way you can log traffic and see when the DNS request does go out, how long it takes to get a resoluion, and how long it really takes to get to the web address that you are interested in.
Otherwise, look at netcardconfig and see if that is of any help.
-
I'm a nooby but even I managed this.
Can't you just set up your default gateway in the network card config? Usually it will be something like 192.168.1.1 or similar. The info should be in your manual or you can see it by accessing the router sutup program.
Similar Threads
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 02:15 PM
-
By Nthline in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99