-
Problem getting STARTED even.....
Okay - I have a computer that WILL NOT boot up. -
Win XP -Pentium 4 -256mb ram- Nvidia something graphics-.
Safe mode wouldn't even work. This computer has some pretty important school and work files on it. I asked around some different message boards, and tried a couple of things - nothing worked. Then someone mentioned Knoppix to save the files!! So I downloaded it : the file I downloaded from a mirror is called KNOPPIX-STD-0.1.ISO
I burned said file, exactly as it appears, to a disc - changed the computer to read from the cd-cdrive (which is IDE), but nothing happened. I keep getting "no operating system found, hit F1 to try again".....
What do I do now? Did I download the wrong file?
PS - I basically wanna use this ONLY to save my files - so I don't want to get TOO involved (it seems quite involved/scary).
Similar Threads
-
By agentchange in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-29-2006, 12:40 AM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2005, 05:13 AM
-
By atrick-pay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By s10237 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By hokeypokey31 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99