Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Newbie can't complete boot up

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Just to make sure try it with the analog cable you really got nothing to lose ( you didn't mention if you did) and change the fb to fb1280x1024 for your monitor resolution.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Just to make sure try it with the analog cable you really got nothing to lose ( you didn't mention if you did) and change the fb to fb1280x1024 for your monitor resolution.
    Stephen,
    I haven't had time to get my analog cable plugged in yet. I did take the CD to school and ran it there with no problems. They use CRT monitors. I was amazed at how much stuff is included on the CD. Some I'm familiar with (OpenOffice, I'm a M$ Office user) others I have no clue!

    Garyng,
    I have an Nvidia GeForce 4 T120 graphics card.

    Thanks guys for all your help, now I just need to find some books on what all that stuff is. lol

    Ken

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    95
    Seeing as you have an nVidia card, you could try forcing it to use the nv driver. Use the cheatcode

    Code:
    boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
    See if that helps.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Viro
    Seeing as you have an nVidia card, you could try forcing it to use the nv driver. Use the cheatcode

    Code:
    boot: knoppix xmodule=nv
    See if that helps.
    Viro,
    Thanks for the suggestion but I still get the same results. Seems I need to get the analog cable plugged in and change the monitor to analog if I ever want to play with this. But I'm always open to more ideas.
    Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Complete newbie question re Knoppix customisation
    By MattS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:13 PM
  2. Complete newbie question re Knoppix
    By MattS in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
  3. Complete and utter newbie q. Display settings
    By 5thelephant in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:16 PM
  5. Need help for internet; complete newbie!
    By MusicLaunch in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache

$70.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99