You might try "knoppix vga=normal" at the boot prompt.
See other cheatcodes: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.6/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
and good luck.
When I boot Knoppix v3.7 EN I have an error like:
Fatal Error: Unable to reserve frame buffer memory...
Is there another frame buffer..
or something like that.
After the error occures sometimes I hear the logging sound but everything is in black no consol no graphics nothing.
The second case is that I hear nothing and I see the gray background and the x-cursor but that is all.
You might try "knoppix vga=normal" at the boot prompt.
See other cheatcodes: http://www.knoppix.nl/3.6/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt
and good luck.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears
$74.99