-
Knoppix 3.7 - Turning off the "failsafe" boot opti
I recenty got the Knoppix 3.7 all burned to a CD...but I had some problem getting it running on my system.
I ran it on a different computer, and it worked fine, but on my computer, with the default boot options (boot: ), it would look for the Knoppix cd in /dev/scd0. For some reason, this did not work, said it couldn't find the Linux filesystem.
When I booted with "boot: failsafe", it skipped a bunch of hardware detection, but then successfully found the knoppix CD on /dev/hcd (or not sure if there was a 'a' or anything on that, but that's not important.
My main problem is this: my USB mouse does not work in my new Hard disk Knoppix installation (dual booting winXP home and Knoppix), because it's not detecting USB (tells me it's skipping it "as I requested"). I had to borrow my brother's old serial mouse...since my mouse is a USB mouse (I hate having a usb mouse!).
My question: how can I turn off the "failsafe" option, or make it detect my hardware again? I don't think the /scd0 vs. /hcd will be an issue, now that I'm not booting from CD anyway.
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By imtiazahsan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:19 AM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 06:52 AM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:28 AM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95