-
Senior Member
registered user
Lexar JumpDrive [USB]
I have a LEXAR JumpDrive 256MB usb device. Is it possible to get this to work in KNOPPIX? Does anyone have a similar device that they are using. I am using KNOPPIX 3.7 and 3.4 on another computer....bob
-
Senior Member
registered user
Plug the jumpdrive it & boot knoppix. You should have a icon for it on the desktop. It should be autodected as device /dev/sda1. If there is no icon, then you may have to mount it manually. In a root console or use sudo:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
lexar drive
OK underscore! Thanks for the advice! I was reading other posts on this topic and there were many horror stories of not being able to get these devices to work very easily....But I will try that at home later and post back with results tomorrow morning....thanks...bob
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's exactly what I have, Bob, but it didn't work the first time. It does now, though.
1. It is USB2, and some versions of Knoppix may need to be cheatcoded
2. Once I reformatted it, it worked fine.
jd
Similar Threads
-
By AsianGuyJTran in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By GaTk in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 08:10 PM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98