Thanks for the info! Finally got the higher res.. I have been looking for. It's just to easy!
Go to run dialog, and run kxconfig
Thanks for the info! Finally got the higher res.. I have been looking for. It's just to easy!
ur welcome
btw, i found it when knoppix thought I wanted no higher than 800x600. I entered init 2, ran kdm, logged in as admin, and that's where i found it in a menu right next to the K menu button...
I wonder why they took that outta the menus?
i have my screen adjustable now,
adapter now i815 instead of probed i810
monitor specced as IBM P200 intead of probed P199b
I have set the screen size higer, and then back lower again.
now, text size on displays, (Konqueror) is much smaller like the screen size is still big.....
ideas to get it biggerer again ?
====
also, in the ctl-alt-1 screen, how to adjust the screen mode to 80x43 as it scrolls off the page,
this isfine in an SSH window as you can scroll the window ;-(
WONDERFULL!!!!Originally Posted by clarjon1
thanks
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
cool one
thanx!![]()
OK, what am I missing? I can run this. I can go to the screen section and make changes to resolution, color depth and vertical refresh rate. But there is only a cancel and a forward button. Forward just takes me back to the main menu. There seems to be no way to actually tell the program to make changes to these settngs. Am I missing a conrol because of limited support for my video card, or is there something I should do to actually make the change take place?Originally Posted by clarjon1
that would be a (probably) standard linux way of doing things when you might be used to the windows way.
there's no apply, or OK button.
once the selection is made, ytou need to 'quit' the program
but you also need ot restart the X-window session.
I've not figured that one out yet, so, just reboot the computer
Well, that's not gonna help me much then, since I'm running Knoppix as it was intended from a Live CD.Originally Posted by marhleet
if you're running off of the cd, there is nowhere to save changes to.
unless you boot with a save directory on your windows machine too.
--
but, you're probably after how to
run kxconfig
exit the x-screen session
and restart the x-screen without having to reboot.
anyone ?

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99