Quote Originally Posted by kenn3d
I run kxconfig and change my screen rez to 1280x1024 and my depth to 24bit -
Then ctrl-alt-backspace (ends x session and restarts x)
I have new screen rez of 1280x1024... but my depth is still 16bit!

I've also tried cheatcode knoppix depth=24

Niether works. My FX5600 is recognized at boot time but assigned to Generic/nv ... no other Xconfig videocard selection seems more correct.

I need to run my screen in 24bit.

Anyone know how I can do this?


thanks,

Kenn
From the knoppix menu, open a root shell, type kxconfig, click on Screen, select your resolution, vertical refresh, and color depth from the drop down menus, click Forward, click Quit, you will see "KXConfig has created a new configuration. Do you want to save it?", click yes, you will then see "The new configuration was successfully saved. You will have to restart your session for the changes to take effect!", click ok. In the same root shell, type restartx and press enter.