-
cant get bootdisks(floppy) to work
I got Knoppix running (freakin' cool!), but I have a small problem. I need to save a bunch of files from the hard drive(because windows WILL NOT boot and I am going to reload windows, first), but I only have ONE cd drive(its a cd writer), and no usb storage device. So I had a hard time figuring out how to burn my files to a disk when I need the Knoppix disk in the drive at the same time! Then I see an option to create boot floppies - I did that, and tried them - but after I put in Disk #2, it came up with an error and said "hit RESET to ...".
Question #1: Is there something special I've gotta do to get the floppies to work.
Question #2: OR is there some other way to burn my files in Knoppix, considering I only have ONE cd drive (and there are way too many files to be going onto 3.5's (i would need around 30 or more floppies....ugh!!)
Similar Threads
-
By rolelael in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By Halcyon-X12 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
-
By oracle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By Uwe Brauer in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung 10.1in Wi‑Fi Tablet 32GB White Cracked Screen For Parts/Repair
$18.50

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S11 Ultra SM-X930 - 256GB, Wi-Fi, 14.6" - Gray /Open Box
$869.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00