Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
Hi,
I installed Knoppix v3.7 on my harddrive. Whenever I boot the system it creates icons for hda1, hda2, cdrom on my desktop. Where can I deactivate this? I had a look in /etc/fstab but couldnt figure it out!
Thanks for reply ... Mat
Right click on the desktop, behavior, device icons and uncheck the show device icons box.
The icons are created by /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons. You can just disable this file by adding the line 'exit 0' as the first active line of the file:
I wouldn't remove the file completely, this may cause an error in whatever script calls it.Code:#!/bin/bash # (C) Klaus Knopper Nov 2002 # Recreate desktop icons for CD-Roms and harddisks in KDE and GNOME # This script must be run as the logged in user. # modified by CrashedAgain to do nothing exit 0 # you can delete the rest of the file
You will of course have to delete the icons from the desktop. The above will keep them from being recreated.
[/code]
@rusty
Thanks, but the devices in this panel were disabled already. Still some other file created them.
@CrashedAgain
Thank you very much, that solved my issue. I looked for this file all over /etc never figured to look in a different location. Now it works fine! Also learned that I can stop executing a file by setting exit=0I am not a programmer or shell scripter at all.
nice week to both of you
Mat

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99