Sorry for off topic, but can you please tell about how you manage to hide this kernel mesages during boot.
thanks
Nikolay
Hi,
Im booting my version with splash and console=tty2
it works great hiding all the booting process and looks good.
however the picture of tux is still poping up while booting.
anyone knows how i can replace this pic with something else ?
(Its not the logo.16 as the logo pic is changing the logo at boot prompt).
thanks
Sorry for off topic, but can you please tell about how you manage to hide this kernel mesages during boot.
thanks
Nikolay
I added the arguments splash console=tty2
at the isolinux.cfg file,
this solved all the text issues,
however the tux symbol is still popping up and its not appropriate.
Tux (the Linux penguin) is appearing at bootup because it was compiled into the framebuffer portion of the kernel. To remove this you need to either boot into plain vga mode:
knoppix vga=normal
or you need to recompile the kernel with the logo removed.
This google search lead me to this and the comments here.
I hope this helps.
James
Thank you for the answers,
I was hoping there is a way to remove this logo without needing to recompile the kernel.
thanks
there is, just append vga=normal to the end of the lilo/grub boot.Originally Posted by moran
but then I cant run Xwindows as regular ? i think.
I guess ill have to go on compiling the kernel anyway![]()
Pretend I don't speaka da english. (bad word day)
X != Frame Buffer
X has more drivers than Frame Buffer
Only Frame Buffer needed for X on certain platforms.
Just one more question in which line did you add it? Should it be at the end of a config file or beginning? and syntaxis is it all in lower register?Originally Posted by moran
thanks
Nikolay
goes inside the APPEND lines
I don't have an isolinux.cfg to look at right now, but for each boot choice theres like five lines. splash console=tty2 is the correct CaSeSeNsEtIvItY

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99
2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00