-
Sub-Newbie-Level-Question
Hey,
First off, let me make it clear that I'm a complete newbie to Linux, and due to a very ... intermittent, self-tutoring with computers, there are likley to be several basic concepts that I've missed completley, if you're impatient, turn back now before you flame me
Ok, I've downloaded the Knoppix v3.2 .iso from one of the mirrors, it's 700mb and I'm more concerned with getting that working than making sure it's correct with the .md5 that's with it (ahh, gotta love that irony).
I am unsure how to burn Knoppix to a CD under winXP, I'm using Nero, but so far the 2cds I've burnt are just coasters, they just hang the bootup until I take them out of the drive.
So, anyone with enough time and generosity to explain EXACTLY what a .ISO is, and why they're important to Linux, how to burn a bootable one, and anything else on that kinda level or above that they think I should know, please, tell me.
Thanks,
-W.
Similar Threads
-
By jehan60188 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
-
By himagain in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By Aman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By morglum666 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 01:05 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99