-
Network now hosed on HDD partition
I have two IBM A30 laptops. Both dual boot between RH8.0 and Win2K Pro.
I ran Knoppix 3.1 from CD on Laptop A a month or so ago and later noticed that the Win2K network adapter wasn't working anymore. It can see traffic if I put it in promiscuous mode, but it won't get an IP address via DHCP and setting a static IP address doesn't work either.
After connecting a sniffer to the same segment, I saw NO traffic coming from my laptop. I tried to generate packets by telnetting to servers, pinging, even doing a release/renew on my DHCP address. Again, zero traffic. Not even an ARP request. The sniffer was working because I could see broadcast traffic from other machines.
The goofy thing is that the Red Hat partition works fine. It gets an IP via DHCP and I can cruise the Internet without error.
Today I downloaded and ran Knoppix 3.2 (from CD) on Laptop B. Immediately after booting back into the Windows partition, the same problem has now occured. The network settings for the Linux partition work fine, but the Windows partition can't transmitt.
I can't imaine how this could be caused by Knoppix, but since I saw it happen twice, I can't believe that this is a random coincidence either.
Any thoughts? I couldn't find anything that seemed to relate in the existing posts or through Google'ing, but maybe I'm missing something. If nothing else I can reinstall the Windows partition *sic*.
-Don
Similar Threads
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By hardware_bum in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:11 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By WinH8r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99