-
Anyone remaster from KNOPPIX 2003-07-26 yet?
I have a remaster that I have been keeping in sync with the latest knoppix debs. All has worked well until 03-07-26 with kernel 2.4.21 and the new cloop 1.0.
I have been booting my remastered knoppix as environment to remaster in. After updating the source directory to 03-07-26 I compressed the KNOPPIX file system to harddisk.
Using the old bootfloppy (03-05-06) the KNOPPIX filesystem on the harddisk booted up with many error messages about module mismatches. O.K. that makes sense.
Using the 03-07-36 boot.img it loaded the kernel and gave the error 'No KNOPPIX filesystem found.'
I then booted up with KNOPPIX 03-07-26, and compressed again with the tools in the up-to-date environment. Now booting with either the old or the new boot floppy gives the error 'No KNOPPIX filesystem found.'
Any ideas anyone?
-
I just tired a remaster(my first in fact)! Unfortunately after toying with it all day and making a CD, I get a kernel panic: vfs:unable to mount root fs on 03:01. I also got some errors about some modules... Too tired to play with it any longer.
cesman
-
Well after a good night of sleep. I used knoppix-install instead od knx-hdinstall. This resolved my problem with the kernel panic and the modules not being found! A few more issues to solve and another customization will be unleashed on the world! Thanks to all the great developers of a GREAT disto!
cesman
Similar Threads
-
By dejan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By De Vince in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 05:43 PM
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
Replies: 26
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 09:36 AM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88