Quote Originally Posted by ktheking
I don't agree.
This is only an artistic improvement.
Using it ,you will loose presuce space,ram, stability and standardisation.
As it now is with the pure text interface is exellent.
Minimum space usage,maximum stability,...
Don't make same mistakes from the boys from Redmond...keep it simple

I disagree.. Knoppix is used by many to demonstrate linux, to sell linux, and to say "linux is as good as windows". If Joe Average boots up knoppix, and sees a whole lot of text wizzing by, he will have no clue as to whats going on. With a nice progress bar, he can see that it has so and so left to do. The bootsplash doesn't take up much space either.

Knoppix isn't a "keep it simple distro". It comes by default with KDE, a highly complex desktop, and prehaps you prefer the console? Either way, As long as the bootsplash doesn't adversly effect non-framebuffer compatible computers, I think it would be a great addition.