Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using Files on Windows Partition in Cedega??

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Using Files on Windows Partition in Cedega??

    I installed the Cedega Debian package with my Debian-Like (I selected debian on the installer menu) installation of Kanotix. I have my Linux partition on hdb1 and Windows on hda1. I tried using cedega to boot The Sims by making a link to the file on the hda1 in the hdb1. However, this didn't work. I don't have enough hard drive space left in LInux to copy the game files into the partition, so is there some way I can use Cedega to load from the Windows partition? It's in dev/hda1/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/Sims.exe and Cedega is in dev/hdb1/usr/bin/

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    I just checked some lame Linux Gaming forum and everybody was bitching at this guy who tried to use a file from his NTFS partition with Cedega. I have Windows 98 with and FAT32 partition. Whether that makes a difference or not.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Okay...A friend kind of helped me with this one.....I used
    Code:
    #cedega /mnt/auto/cdrom/start.exe
    but I got back some sort of Xlib and X11drv messages saying that Xserver can't connect to ":0.0"

Similar Threads

  1. Windows - Partition is there but files have disappeared
    By hipgnosis in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:49 PM
  2. Cedega Issue
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 05:50 AM
  3. Cedega...
    By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 06:36 PM
  4. Can't recover files kde partition
    By pboodi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 07:57 AM
  5. cedega help
    By Siphter in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LOT OF 8  Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3 picture

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3

$1849.95



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q

$144.95



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory picture

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory

$225.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98