-
Junior Member
registered user
Swap Required?
Hi,
I've just decided to install Knoppix to HDD but I was wondering if it is required for me to create a swap partition. I currently have WinXP installed on the first partition and Fedora Core 3 on the second partition. I was thinking of just replacing FC3 with Knoppix. The thing is though I don't want to repartition the HDD to make space for the swap and FC3 doesn't require a swap partition. Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
swap is required only if you are short of memory, knoppix will run without it. I have found that even a small swap space makes it run better, though.
-
I believe a full HD install requires a min 128Mb Swap partitian.
kc
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the assistance.
Similar Threads
-
By troburn69 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM
-
By balakrishnan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 12:41 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:29 AM
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:03 AM
-
By herponen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99