swap is required only if you are short of memory, knoppix will run without it. I have found that even a small swap space makes it run better, though.
Hi,
I've just decided to install Knoppix to HDD but I was wondering if it is required for me to create a swap partition. I currently have WinXP installed on the first partition and Fedora Core 3 on the second partition. I was thinking of just replacing FC3 with Knoppix. The thing is though I don't want to repartition the HDD to make space for the swap and FC3 doesn't require a swap partition. Thanks in advance.
swap is required only if you are short of memory, knoppix will run without it. I have found that even a small swap space makes it run better, though.
I believe a full HD install requires a min 128Mb Swap partitian.
kc
Thanks for the assistance.

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB
$2399.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
4x SK hynix 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN 256GB TESTED
$2399.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Lot of 6 Micron 4GB PC4-2666V-UC0 DDR4 2666MHz RAM MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6E1 24GB Kit
$110.00