swap is required only if you are short of memory, knoppix will run without it. I have found that even a small swap space makes it run better, though.
Hi,
I've just decided to install Knoppix to HDD but I was wondering if it is required for me to create a swap partition. I currently have WinXP installed on the first partition and Fedora Core 3 on the second partition. I was thinking of just replacing FC3 with Knoppix. The thing is though I don't want to repartition the HDD to make space for the swap and FC3 doesn't require a swap partition. Thanks in advance.
swap is required only if you are short of memory, knoppix will run without it. I have found that even a small swap space makes it run better, though.
I believe a full HD install requires a min 128Mb Swap partitian.
kc
Thanks for the assistance.

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer 2 CIB - Pristine Condition w/ Receipt
$190.00
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$309.00
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00
Vintage Solitaire Game Pack by MacSoft; 3.5" Disks; Boxed; 1995
$20.00
Apple Macintosh 512K M0001W Vintage Mac Untested Turns On For Parts
$299.99
Vintage IBM PS/2 E Desktop Computer Machine Type 9533 Model EB7 Rare Retro PC
$199.99
Vintage EXPANDARAM memory card by Jameco; likely used in Apple II
$20.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box
$59.99