Haven't checked but these games could need dri. Type glxinfo and have a look at the top for Direct Rendering, it should say yes.
I had been trying Ubuntu, which had a graphical adventure game -- I believe it was Falcon's Eye. It seemed to work all right on Ubuntu. With the same hardware running Knoppix / Debian, the game can be called from the menu. It changes the pointer icon, flickers the screen once and then nothing else happens.
This is similar to the behavior of XBattle, which changes the pointer icon to indicate it's trying to open, and then does nothing else.
Haven't checked but these games could need dri. Type glxinfo and have a look at the top for Direct Rendering, it should say yes.
Sure enough, glxinfo informs me that I don't have direct rendering.
Now I just have to fix that.
[Edit]
It looks like I have a lot of reading to do
http://www.nvidia.com/page/products.html
http://blog.zorka.com/2001/10/17/nvi...-debian-linux/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=286384
There are also plenty of threads about nvidia on this forum if you search, as an example: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
thanks, I would have missed those if you hadn't pointed them out.Originally Posted by Markus
Who knows, maybe I'll get back into gaming. The sheer crashtacularity of Windows drove me away from it.
Xbattle is a freaking fun game but It's hard (impossible) to start if you don't use the commandline. It's abit hard to play the xbattle that came with knoppix, if you want to test one with AI you can download it at the XBattle AI download page, this version has a graphical interface to start it up.Originally Posted by rick_write_taiwan
As you can see it uses X connections to do multiplayer, which makes it pretty tedious to setup...Code:xbattle -hex -red 127.0.0.1:0 -black 127.0.0.1:0 -bases 2 -armies 1 -sea 3 -hills 1
play around with glxgears...it'll show the framerate...try upgrading your vid card driver

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00