I stumbled upon this link the other night, http://fuzzymunchkin.dyndns.org/tdot...fob/index.php3 It talks about setting up to boot from a usb device, for both bios supported motherboards and non.
-Hassler
Hi,
I was just wondering if there was any way of booting from a USB device using a floppy?
If a BIOS doesn't support booting from USB, is is possible to boot from a floppy, then pass control to a USB device (eg USB Flash Drive, USB HDD, Sony NH1 Minidisc player, or even an iPod) ?
I know that you can use the bootfrom cheatcode to boot into a floppy, then load a knoppix .ISO image on your hdd, but is there something similar for USB?
If there was a way to boot to my Sony NH1 using a floppy on a old computer without BIOS USB boot, that would be really cool...
Thanks,
Victor
I stumbled upon this link the other night, http://fuzzymunchkin.dyndns.org/tdot...fob/index.php3 It talks about setting up to boot from a usb device, for both bios supported motherboards and non.
-Hassler
Hi,
hassler: Yeah, I kinda know about this one dude *grin*. What I meant was, is there a way to boot to a Knoppix boot floppy, then load the iso from a USB device (much like the "bootfrom=/blah/blah/knoppix.iso" cheatcode for cdroms) ? Could you put the knoppix iso on a 1 gb device, then boot from that? (have no idea if this is possible, or how to do it)
Thanks a lot for your efforts though.
Does anybody else have any ideas? Is it possible to boot to a usb device on a computer that doesn't actually support usb-boot?
Thanks,
Victor
[i]Just out of curioisty, would anybody know what sort of power adapter a Digital Etherworks Hub 8T would require? I've dug up an old one, without a power adapter...completely OT, of course...*rolls eyes*

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
WD Blue DRIVE SSD 250gb Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
$39.99
Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99