Hi,
I've now done a few custom Knoppix remasters, first from the excellent XFLD distro, and then a more cut down version from pure Knoppix-3.7.
I've noticed one important difference between these two remasters. When the XFLD derivative has an x session running (with XFCE in this case) and the user exits the X desktop, XFLD restarts the xsession from scratch and you see a neat, fresh XFCE desktop - very useful in this particular kiosk remaster!
However, when the knoppix-derivative remaster quits from X, knoppix halts the machine. I'd like to ensure that a user can't halt the machine by quitting X, but rather restarts the xsession from scratch.
I thought that the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file held the answer in this line:
But alas adding this to the knoppix-derivative's 45xsession file made no difference, and the machine still halts when you quit the X session!Code:echo "restart" >/etc/sysconfig/xsession-commands
I've trawled around through the forum but can't quite find the answer I'm looking for - can anyone shed any light on this for me?
TIA,
Adam.![]()

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
$75.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00