Fujitsu C2010 Lifebook. 1024x768 screen.
Both Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7 work just fine. No problems with the standard hardware (I haven't tried any add-on peripherals).
In 3.6, I liked the 'Nimbus Roman No9 L' font for use as an alternative to Times in web pages. But in 3.7, the font rendering engine seems to be different. In 3,7, at 16px the font appears Bold, with conspicuous color edges, probably caused by erroneous subpixel hinting. The same applies to 'Bitstream Charter' but not to Times (which is bitmapped?) or to the few sans-serif fonts I tried.
Tweaking subpixel hinting in the KDE control center didn't help. Actually, I wouldn't expect it to help, since it is the browsers (both Konqueror and Mozilla) that are different in 3.6 and 3.7 regarding the font presentation.
There is no problem with the screen resolution detection. Everything else looks good.
Why this matters: I am trying to adjust my web page CSS so that Linux users, who don't have the same fonts as Windows or Mac, will see a reasonably equivalent visual presentation. Some of my pages have text coordinated with images, and I want the text to occupy approximately the same space in any browser that doesn't over-ride my CSS with user stylesheets.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60