Probably means that your DVD drive isn't accessbile under /dev/dvd. Please make sure that /dev/dvd is a symlink to the correct device. (Maybe you can ask in #kanotix)
Greetings,
probono
After having success with Dvdshrink on Kanotix Bughunter X I installed it on the latest Kanotix 2005-01 and the following error occurs:
Dvdshrink starts the Rip session, creates the Main directory and Video_ts directory and the process then aborts with the message:
Session Shell exited with Status 255
Any ideas on the error message????
Thanks
Ray
Probably means that your DVD drive isn't accessbile under /dev/dvd. Please make sure that /dev/dvd is a symlink to the correct device. (Maybe you can ask in #kanotix)
Greetings,
probono
Probono,
In order to try this again I have:
1. Reinstalled Kanotix 2005-01.
2. Installed dvdshrink as a user
3. Installed css
Dvdshrink now seems to rip the dvd correctly, however on the dvd that I was trying to backup there is NO Video_ts_vob file, therefore the transcode will not work. Is this an unusual situation???
I am currently performing the backup on my Win2000 computer to see whether it works correctly under Windows.
Using DvdDecrypter to rip, dvdshrink seems to have no difficulty with the transcoding.
Ray
Is this just for one particular DVD or did you try other DVDs as well with the same result?
Probono,
It would seem that if there is NO Video_ts_vob file on the original dvd then Dvdshrink as implemented by klik will not work. I have successfully ripped, transcoded and burnt, using k3b, a dvd which does contain the Video_ts_vob file on the original dvd, but if that file is missing then the dvd can be ripped but not transcoded.
DvdDecrypter and Dvdshrink in Windows caters for the missing Video_ts_vob file quite ok. It would appear that the error is restricted to dvd's which for whatever reason do not have that ts_vob file. I will in future check for that file prior to ripping anything.
Just one other question, is there any reason why when dvdshrink starts the full menu information is not available in the left hand frame??.
Thanks for your responses.
Ray
Hi Ray, thanks for letting me know, my DVDs all have the Video_ts_vob, so I didn't encounter the issue yet. Also, I don't know how dvdshrink looks in Windows because I don't have Windows anymore
Greetings,
probono

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08