-
Member
registered user
Re: post-HD install: apt-get dist-upgrade problems

Originally Posted by
Anonymous
Then I apt-get dist-upgrade and KONSOLE crashes with a:
"The application Konsole (konsole) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV)."
I tried the same and got similar things.
Just an apt-get upgrade works excellently.
I tried a dist-upgrade after changing "testing" to "unstable" in /etc/apt/apt.conf. After changing of about 750 packages a had a working sid.
I think it's also possible to downgrade to woody by changing "testing" to "stable", but I didn't try.
Maybe for a pure dist-upgrade you have to to something in /etc/apt/sources.list.
tom
Similar Threads
-
By naoliv in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 44
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By dobell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
-
By smittybomb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00