While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
After doing a HD install some of the menus and error messages are still in German. I have changed the region and language to english but still have the german text at times. Anyone have a solution for this problem? thanks
While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
That didn't work but apt-get install localepurge did the trick.![]()
edit /etc/lilo.conf; add 'lang=us' to the 'append=' line then re-run lilo. This is equivalent to booting with the lang=us cheatcode.

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99