While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
After doing a HD install some of the menus and error messages are still in German. I have changed the region and language to english but still have the german text at times. Anyone have a solution for this problem? thanks
While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
That didn't work but apt-get install localepurge did the trick.![]()
edit /etc/lilo.conf; add 'lang=us' to the 'append=' line then re-run lilo. This is equivalent to booting with the lang=us cheatcode.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$10.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75