While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
After doing a HD install some of the menus and error messages are still in German. I have changed the region and language to english but still have the german text at times. Anyone have a solution for this problem? thanks
While Knoppix is Debian-based I think this should work: 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' but I don't guarantee for it. If it does you get the option to select your preffered locale settings.
That didn't work but apt-get install localepurge did the trick.![]()
edit /etc/lilo.conf; add 'lang=us' to the 'append=' line then re-run lilo. This is equivalent to booting with the lang=us cheatcode.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Intel NUC 8 NUC8BEK Mini PC Core i3 8th Gen 8GB 128GB SSD Black
$100.00