i just did a check on my pc and there is no /var/lib/nessus/nessus/ but there is a /var/lib/nessus were the plugins are kept.Code:apt-get update apt-get remove nessus apt-get install nessus nessus-update-plugins
I am pretty new to Knoppix, so this may be a lame newb question. Whenever I attempt a nessus-update-plugins (root), I get athe following error.
Open /var/lib/nessus/nessus/nessus_org.pem : No such file or directory
Anyone know how to correct this? I would like to be able to update my plugins.
Velvet
i just did a check on my pc and there is no /var/lib/nessus/nessus/ but there is a /var/lib/nessus were the plugins are kept.Code:apt-get update apt-get remove nessus apt-get install nessus nessus-update-plugins
I'm using 3.7 and on 3.7, no amount of goofing I have done will make apt-get work right.
I tried getting nessus to work. Failed. Here's what I have tried:
Update script posted:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...&view=previous
But, that doesn't work because nessus-update-plugins says I'm not root!!
(what the?! Su, root shell, nothing works! finger = no users logged on. Grumble. Try to turn on ssh so I can ssh localhost. Do NOT... NOT TRY TO ENABLE SSH SERVER, it is broken!!)
So, cp nessus-update-plugins ~, vi & comment out "exit" line and run from ~. It didn't seem to work quite correctly, I think the previous script posted in the forum needs to be updated. (also, to run it you need to adduser which means, you guessed it, more cp ~ and edit)
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Dan

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030
$149.00
Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00
Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card
$224.99
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Rare Vintage Rockwell AIM-65 Microcomputer 6500 With Several Manuals
$500.00
Vintage Compaq Portable II Personal Computer 256K 5.25" disk 80286 9" GRN DOS 3.
$285.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Printer HP Laserjet 1300 Powers On Untested
$99.99
Vintage IBM OS/2 2.0 Diskettes - Mixed Lot - Pre-Owned W/ Box
$40.00
IBM KB-9910 104-Key PS/2 Wired Keyboard 37L2514 Beige Vintage Model
$49.99