I want to use my knoppix Cd for recovering windows. Only Problem is: I can't use those cheatcodes mentioned above I alread tried it in every possible combination using both versions of the kernel (i'm using knoppix 3.7). My first guess is that something seems to be wrong with my partition table. (I got two partitions one fat32[hda1] and ntfs[hda2]
using the default kernel of knoppix (NO linux26 option) i'm not able to find my partitions on hda at all. though knoppix works perfect.
with the linux26 cheatcode, i'm able to mount partitions.... but only from the kde desktop and not during booting. With Kernel 2.4xx the programm "qtparted" is able to recognize the hda. But no partitions of it.
I copied an .iso -image of knoopix to /dev/hda1/k3b_0.iso to use the bootfrom=/dev/hda1/k3b_0.iso cheatcode. And I get this error:
mount: special device /dev/hda1/ dos not exist
(a path prefix is not a directory)
with version 2.4 of the kernel it says, that mounting stopped, because it could not decide what filesystem /dev/hda1 had.
(or does this maybe refer to the .iso image?)
using the tohd=/dev/hda1/ cheatcode doesnt work at all for both versions of the kernel, it says in either case, it was not able to mount /dev/hda1/ w/o giving a reason
I checked my partitions with sfdisk and get this output:
Disk /dev/hda: 72234 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors/track
Warning: extended partition does not start at a cylinder boundary.
DOS and Linux will interpret the contents differently.
Warning: The partition table looks like it was made
for C/H/S=*/255/63 (instead of 72234/16/63)
For this listing I'll assume that geometry.
Units = cylinders of 8225280 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0
device boot Start End #sectors ID System
/dev/hda1 * 0+ 636 637- 5116671 b W95 FAT32
/dev/hda2 637 4530 3894 31278555 f W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hda3 0 - 0 0 0 Leer
/dev/hda4 0 - 0 0 0 Leer
/dev/hda5 637+ 4530 3894- 31278523+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
don't know if thre is anything wrong, but when i'm trying to change something in my partition using the partition programm "qtparted" it will crash just by looking up the information on my harddisk. Some Time ago, I completly ceaned my harddisk from everything. And After that I made a new partition table during winXP installtion. Before I did that, I never had any Problems with knoppix (I'm using a samsung XTC 10 notebook at 1.4 GHz, but that shouldn't be the problem
thx for any help!

Vintage Tandy 4000 DEC 316 Computer Power Supply PSU - TESTED WORKING
$69.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
$100.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99