-
Junior Member
registered user
LTModem & Knoppix
I have Knoppix 3.1 installed on a Toshiba laptop. KDE 'control centre' reports I/O 1080-1087 & 1400-14ff used by Lucent LT Winmodem so Knoppix has found the modem & it is one which is supposedto be supported by LTModem drivers. KPPP reports 'modem is busy' (doing what??) in /dev/ttyS1. I have downloaded ltmodem-2.4.20-8.26a9_i386.deb & 'installed' it using KPackage & it has produced /lib/modules/2.4.20/lt_modem.o & /lt.serial.o but it doesn't seem to have helped connect to the modem. Documentation which comes with the package doesn't help, it just says run ./ltinst2. There is no /ltinst2 anywhere. So I have downloaded ltmodem-8.26a9 package & opened it. It has an /ltinst, a /build_module and a /build_deb . Trying to run any of them returns 'permission denied'. How am I denied permission? I am root. I thought root could do anything.
What am I doing wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By usulix in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3
$39.99

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99