Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Making Knoppix Even More Secure

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Making Knoppix Even More Secure

    Hello Knoppixizers!

    Here is an article I pulled off the internet describing how to make Linux Redhat more secure. Before I try any of this and possibly break something, I would like to know how much is applicable to Knoppix, what the caveats are, etc. Perhaps we can get a fruitful conversation going on this.

    I already have a password on the bios! It was one of the first things I ever did...... to keep the pet sitter from booting up my computer.

    See article below.

    sakiZ

    (article removed, link below)

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Will you please post a link to the original article rather than the article itself? We don't want to start hosting intellectual property from other sites here, in possible violation of the owner's copyrights.

    I'll give you some time to put up a link, then I will delete the article text from your original post for you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Ok, I'll see if I can find the link.

    I'll get back to you.

    sakiZ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    OK, Here is the link.


Similar Threads

  1. SSH, secure FTP fileserver
    By tbr.yel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
  2. knoppix-terminalserver 's "secure-mode" broken
    By fischer in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
  3. knoppix networking secure?
    By Albretch in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 02:23 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
  5. How secure is it?
    By kievlak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 picture

Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2

$200.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77