Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Making Knoppix Even More Secure

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Making Knoppix Even More Secure

    Hello Knoppixizers!

    Here is an article I pulled off the internet describing how to make Linux Redhat more secure. Before I try any of this and possibly break something, I would like to know how much is applicable to Knoppix, what the caveats are, etc. Perhaps we can get a fruitful conversation going on this.

    I already have a password on the bios! It was one of the first things I ever did...... to keep the pet sitter from booting up my computer.

    See article below.

    sakiZ

    (article removed, link below)

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Will you please post a link to the original article rather than the article itself? We don't want to start hosting intellectual property from other sites here, in possible violation of the owner's copyrights.

    I'll give you some time to put up a link, then I will delete the article text from your original post for you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Ok, I'll see if I can find the link.

    I'll get back to you.

    sakiZ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    OK, Here is the link.


Similar Threads

  1. SSH, secure FTP fileserver
    By tbr.yel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
  2. knoppix-terminalserver 's "secure-mode" broken
    By fischer in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
  3. knoppix networking secure?
    By Albretch in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 02:23 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
  5. How secure is it?
    By kievlak in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7 picture

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7

$69.59



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



MAXSUN MS-iCraft B860M CROSS PRO DDR5 Intel LGA1851 socket picture

MAXSUN MS-iCraft B860M CROSS PRO DDR5 Intel LGA1851 socket

$399.99