Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix 3.6 boot help...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.6 boot help...

    Hey guys...

    I just recently picked up a hunk of junk laptop from my friend. However this laptop is so old it won't boot from the CD-Rom. I have read up on some website about creating a floppy diskette for booting Knoppix 3.1 by using boot.img in the KNOPPIX directory. However with my v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso there is no boot.img in the knoppix directory. I was wondering if someone could help me with this...maybe let me know if there is a way to create a boot floppy with 3.6. I would be forever grateful. Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Even in this forum you don't have to read very far before you find other subject lines that address this very same issue. Can no one be bothered to read the answers to existing posts before they ask the same questions?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    Sorry

    I'm sorry...I didn;t mean to anger you....I am just very frustrated by this point...and nothing caught my eye on this subject...so I just posted.

    No big deal.

    Could I maybe get a direct to the post about this?

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Sorry

    It's just very frustrating that no one bothers to look at all of the information already here before they ask the same questions over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0ri4
    Could I maybe get a direct to the post about this?
    Even better, I thought I had said enough in my above post, but I'll make it clear how to find the last post on this subject. Go back to the Hardware & Booting forum list of subjects (since this is a booting issue). Just scan down the subject lines for anything that might look like exactly what you are talking about. When you find a subject that is an obvious match, read it! If you get to the end of the page (which should take less than about 10-15 seconds, click to the next page. You will not have to go far.

    Yea, I could have posted the link. But this way you get a skill that you apparently didn't have before. (yea, that's my frustration showing again).

    And that search link at the top of the page would have been another easy way. Just click on it, select the radio button for searching just the knoppix.net site, and put in the very obvious words or phrase that you would expect to find other discussion of this topic. Normally I would do it this way, but trust me, in this case the scan of the subject lines is even easier.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Your last post was deleted because of content. I will certainly not try to help you again. This thread is now closed.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot loader problem with XP Pro/Knoppix Dual boot
    By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
  2. Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
    By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  3. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$180.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03 picture

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03

$99.95



Lot of 10 Avago AFBR-57G5MZ-ELX 32G SR SFP28 850nm LC MMF Transceiver picture

Lot of 10 Avago AFBR-57G5MZ-ELX 32G SR SFP28 850nm LC MMF Transceiver

$200.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$678.00



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S

$35.00