I have a LEXAR JumpDrive 256MB usb device. Is it possible to get this to work in KNOPPIX? Does anyone have a similar device that they are using. I am using KNOPPIX 3.7 and 3.4 on another computer....bob
I have a LEXAR JumpDrive 256MB usb device. Is it possible to get this to work in KNOPPIX? Does anyone have a similar device that they are using. I am using KNOPPIX 3.7 and 3.4 on another computer....bob
Plug the jumpdrive it & boot knoppix. You should have a icon for it on the desktop. It should be autodected as device /dev/sda1. If there is no icon, then you may have to mount it manually. In a root console or use sudo:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
I hope this helps.
James
OK underscore! Thanks for the advice! I was reading other posts on this topic and there were many horror stories of not being able to get these devices to work very easily....But I will try that at home later and post back with results tomorrow morning....thanks...bob
It's exactly what I have, Bob, but it didn't work the first time. It does now, though.
1. It is USB2, and some versions of Knoppix may need to be cheatcoded
2. Once I reformatted it, it worked fine.
jd

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00