-
Boot Not Working
Hi,
I'm sorry about this and I know this is probably very noobish, but your help will be appreciated greatly. I just downloaded Knoppix to see what linux is like without the hassle of partitioning my hard drive and dual booting and for some reason it isn't working. I unzipped the download and burnt the files onto a cd. I turned my computer on and set the bios to boot from cd and restart and it comes up "Boot from cd:" on the screen, after this I thought knoppix was meant to boot up, to my dissapointment xp just loaded up normally afterwards. I thought it might have been the pc, so I tried it on my laptop and the same thing happened. I then proceeded to download a different version of knoppix and it did the same thing. There is probably something blatant that I am missing out here, and I am quite sure there is nothing wrong with my hardware.
Similar Threads
-
By james_steward in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-03-2006, 06:12 AM
-
By neotek in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By ashes in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:33 PM
-
By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:46 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

Advantech Memory Modules 8G DDR4-2400 1GX8 1.2V HYX AQD-D4U8GN24-HE LOT OF 12
$399.99

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00